Mental health facilities in India are still quite insufficient owing to the limited number of services being offered as well as, the inadequate number of trained and supervised professionals. TISS has always taken a lead in addressing the psychosocial needs of individuals across various groups and has adopted diverse strategies and solutions to address these needs. iCALL is one such step taken in the direction of mental health work.
iCALL – Initiating Concern for All is a pioneering and an empowering mental health project which was started in 2012 by School of Human Ecology, TISS – Mumbai.
iCALL endeavours to provide professional and free counseling through technology assisted mediums such as, telephone, email and chat to anyone in need of emotional support, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation or race, and transcending geographical distances while ensuring confidentiality.
iCALL’s counseling services are run by professional, trained counsellors, from Monday to Saturday, 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. iCALL also has partnerships and collaborations with academic institutions, corporates, government and non-government bodies.
When you reach out, you can expect
- Professional Counseling Services: All our counsellors are trained and certified to provide mental health services.
- Immediate Response: A reply to every email, chat, tweet or a Facebook message within 24-48 hours
- Complete Anonymity: You can keep your identity anonymous.
- Patient Listening: You can speak for as long as you wish.
- Non-Judgemental: You can talk to us about any issue bothering or affecting your life without the fear of being judged or marginalized.
- Consistent Support: We will be there to support you till you feel empowered to deal with your situation or issue.
Telephone: 022-25521111 (Monday to Saturday, 8 AM to 10 PM)
Chat Based Counseling: nULTA App
Website: Click here
Facebook: iCALL Psychosocial Helpline