Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the ICAI – Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021.
Overview of Scholarship
The doctoral scholarship will be awarded to a registered PhD. Scholars from UGC recognized reputed Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Colleges, IIMs having University/IIMs approved PhD. Programme to pursue and complete their Doctoral Research in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management and Accounting. The candidates must have confirmed PhD. Registration.
The following topics are suggested:
- Human Resource Accounting
- Simplification of Human Resource Laws
- Government Sector Accounting
- Integrated Reporting
- International Taxation Laws
- Water Audit
The Research Committee will decide the suitability of the topics from time to time.
- Awarding doctoral scholarship by admitting full time meritorious Research scholars who wants to carry out research in core areas having global relevance, adding value to subject and research results should aim to develop some theory and/or model which can be replicated universally.
- To nurture talents in CA fraternity for technical research.
- Membership of ICAI
- At least 75% in 10th and 12th Standard
- Age should be less than 40 years on the date of application
- Candidate shall be Full-Time Student at the University/College/ Institution while pursuing a Ph.D. for their attendance and Classes.
- Candidates shall not avail of any other scholarship for the same.
Other Criteria for Shortlisting of Application
- Only the applicants who have applied for Ph.D. after the introduction of ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 (May 7, 2020) are encouraged to apply for the scheme.
- Application shall be forwarded by supervisor of the candidate for Ph.D. or any other competent signing authority of the University/College/Institution.
- Candidates are advised to apply only if they are pursuing Ph.D. in the relevant and contemporary topic considering the current economic scenario matching with ICAI mandate, intent to add value to the society, scalable and having global relevance.
Procedure of the Award of Scholarship
- Applications are initially scrutinized by the Research Committee Secretariat.
- Thereafter, Shortlisting Committee will short-list region-wise meritorious proposals from the eligible applications.
- Such applicants may also be invited for a presentation before Shortlisting Committee.
- The recommendations of the Shortlisting Committee will then be placed before the Research Committee for its final approval.
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs. 50,000 per month Scholarship to be awarded to 5 scholars annually for the maximum period of 36 months.
- Contingency grant will be admissible at the rate of Rs. 50,000 per annum.
Joining and Release of Scholars
- The scholar must join the scholarship within four weeks of the date of the award letter by submitting the required documents through the affiliating/administering institution. This may be extended by the ICAI up to six months in deserving cases.
- The sanction of the scholarship will be issued initially for a period of one year, effective from the date of joining of the scholar in the scholarship. The renewal of the scholarship for the subsequent year shall be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory annual progress report and at least one research paper in the International Journal of repute and one in ICAI Journal.
Monitoring of Scholars
- Regular monitoring of scholarship is done based on a quarterly and annual progress report submitted by the scholar and duly forwarded by the supervisor.
- The scholarship may be discontinued if research progress is found unsatisfactory or any ICAI rules are violated.
- The ICAI may ask for an annual presentation/mid-term appraisal of the research work.
- During the scholarship, the scholars are required to publish yearly at least one research paper in the International Journal of repute and one in ICAI Journal on the theme of the research undertaken and submit a copy of these to ICAI.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship by sending the following documents:
1. Application Form (https://resource.cdn.icai.org/64171research51507form.docx)
2. Research proposal & abstract (3000 and 300 words respectively)
3. Relevant Enclosures (Details are given in Application Form) (https://resource.cdn.icai.org/64171research51507form.docx)
All the documents should be received before 31st August 2021 duly signed and stamped by Supervisor of the candidate for Ph.D. or any other competent signing authority of the University/ College/Institution.
Address for Sending Documents
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
8th Floor, Administrative Building,
A-29, Sector 62, NOIDA-201309, UP.
August 31, 2021 [Dates Extended]