About the Scholarship
The doctoral scholarship will be awarded to registered PhD Scholars from UGC recognized Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Colleges, IIMs having University/IIMs approved Ph.D. Programme to pursue and complete their Doctoral Research in Auditing, Taxation, Commerce, Management and Accounting Discipline.
The candidates must have confirmed PhD Registration (Research Degree Committee (RDC) approved) at any of the institutions mentioned above on the last date of application. It includes the requirements of clearance of Research Entrance Test (RET).
The following topics are suggested:
- Human Resource Accounting
- Simplification of Human Resource Laws
- Government Sector Accounting
- Integrated Reporting
- International Taxation Laws
- Water Audit
The Research Committee will decide the suitability of the topics from time to time.
- Membership of the ICAI with minimum 75% marks/grade in 10th and 12th standard.
- NET/SLET and M Phil from a recognized university will carry weightage in the assessment of research proposal.
- The scholar should not be more than 40 years of age on the last date of application.
- Candidates who have already availed UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF)/ Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF)/ICSSR/ICAR/CSIR/ICPR/ICMR/ICHR or any such doctoral fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply.
- Rs 50,000 per month for a maximum period of 36 months.
- Annually 5 Scholars will be selected.
Yearly grant not exceeding Rs. 50000/- per year.
Procedure for the Award
- Applications are initially scrutinized by the Research Committee Secretariat.
- Thereafter, the subject group(s)/Expert Committee(s) will short-list the meritorious proposals from the eligible applications and thereafter by the Research Committee of ICAI.
- Such applicants may also be invited for a presentation before an Expert Committee at ICAI- HO or its COEs/DCOs.
- The recommendations of the Expert Committee will then be placed before the Research Committee for its final approval.
How to Apply?
The application along with research proposal & abstract (3000 and 300 words respectively) and all the enclosures, must be sent to: Research Committee before the last date mentioned in the advertisement duly signed and stamped by the PhD Registered institution.
July 31, 2020
For full details about the scholarship, click the link below.