Registrations are open for IBM SkillsBuild 2021 for Students & Teachers. The last date of registration is 20 October.
About IBM SkillsBuild
Our world is undergoing a rapid transformation driven by Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, big data and enabling technologies. To navigate this rapidly transforming world and excel in the future workplace, along with the right resources and guidance students will require real world workplace experiences to help them identify their future career.
Workplace experiences and internships will allow students to shape their perceptions of the world of work, provide valuable practical experience in an industry that could be competitive and will help them make more informed choices about their future.
To enable students to be ready for the future of work and help teachers aid students in this journey, CBSE has partnered with IBM to offer a range of professional courses through the IBM SkillsBuild for Students platform, followed by micro-internship opportunities for students to get a taste of the workplace and industry, thus help reduce the skills gap.
Along with personalized learning for teachers and students through the platform, students and teachers will form teams to participate in a Problem Solvers Tournament to ideate solutions using AI and Design Thinking for real world community problems.
The program is open to students from Grades 8 and above and all teachers.
- Interested candidates can register via this page.
- There is no fee for attending this programme.
- Once the school registers on the registration form, IBM implementation partner will connect with the school for the next steps.
- Each school to nominate a teacher and student ambassador for the program and provide date & time for a 30 minute orientation workshop.
- For Students – AI Foundations for All and Working in a Digital Work
- For Teachers – How to become a mentor / AI Foundations for Educators / Design Thinking
Students from Top 100 teams will participate in an assessment to win workplace experience opportunities and teachers from the top 100 teams will be felicitated at the LeadZ Teacher Awards.
From CBSE: rpsingh.cbse[at]cbseshiksha.in
From IBM Partner: aiforcbse[at]gmail.com
You may also be interested in: