Registrations are open for 6 months Online IBM Mainframe Developer Professional Certificate.
About the Course
Gain the job-ready skills for an entry-level mainframe programming role. Mainframe computers continue to power many mission-critical, financial, banking, and government agency systems. There are 220 billion lines of COBOL in use today. 43% of banking systems are built on COBOL, and 95% percent of ATM swipes rely on COBOL code.¹
COBOL is scalable, mature, and self-documenting. You’ll learn about COBOL from its birth and through its evolution. You’ll learn new features and aspects of the language, while also getting hands-on experience to increase your knowledge and abilities with COBOL as a whole. You’ll work with a variety of IBM, COBOL, and mainframe assets, project scenarios, including COBOL programming basics, TSO, ISPF, gaining practical experience with mainframe data management and software development techniques.
This Professional Certificate does not require any prior programming skills and is suitable for learners without college degrees.
Upon successful completion of this program, you’ll have analyzed the real-world mainframe environment, reviewed mainframe assets and data, and presented and created a software development plan, giving you the confidence and the portfolio to begin a career as a mainframe programmer.
What you will learn?
- Identify the different architectural families, explain the enhancements for each architecture family and the functions of an operating system
- Explain the concept of a Sysplex and describe methods available for z/OS security.
- Define the IOCP statements for the IOCDS and explain the concept of activation profiles.
- Describe the process of IPLing an operating system
Skills you will gain
- Enterprise Software
- IBM Z
- COBOL Divisions
- COBOL coding
- Column Structure
- COBOL Structure
- Computer Programming
- Euler’S Totient Function
6 Months (Suggested pace of 4 hours/week).
- Introduction to Enterprise Computing
- IBM COBOL Basics
- IBM COBOL Core
- IBM COBOL Software Development Practices
- IBM COBOL Data and File Management
- IBM COBOL Basic Testing and Debugging
- IBM COBOL Software Development Process