Applications are invited for research positions (Research Assistant (RA)/ Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/ Postdoctoral fellow (PDF)) in Synthetic Biology group at the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB), Bengaluru.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a non-profit autonomous institute set up by the Department of IT, BT and S&T, Government of Karnataka. It is located in a 20-acre campus in the southern part of the City of Bengaluru and is a part of Biotech Park.
The projects available are in the areas of metabolic engineering, flux analyses, protein biochemistry and engineering. Candidates having relevant hands-on experience will be preferred. The position will be offered initially for 6 months and extended based on performance and satisfactory progress until the project funding is available. Meritorious candidates may be considered for Ph.D. program based on suitability. The selected candidate will be provided accommodation in IBAB hostel.
- B.E./ B.Tech (for RA), Master’s degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent for RA/ JRF) and Ph.D. (for PDF) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
- Excellent hands-on skills in maintenance of cell lines and transfection procedures, basic molecular biology techniques, protein purification methods and analytical methods such as GC and HPLC.
- Experience of working in a research laboratory, ability to maintain accurate lab records and data analyses.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills, motivated, team player and willingness to learn.
- Research experience appropriate to the post applied.
- Experience of working in industry.
As per IBAB norms.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject line of the email must include “Application for the post of _______”.
- The Last date for submission of application is 30th October, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
For full notification, click the link below.