The International Conference on Language, Literature and Culture, conducted by the Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune aims at exploring this dynamics with a focus on the complementary nature of language, literature and culture and their centrality in human life.
Call for Papers
This year, papers that examine the intersection of digital technology and the Humanities are specially encouraged.
- What are the new methodologies, theories, and sites of study that are emerging from this intersection?
- What kind of collaborations between the Humanities and Sciences must we envision for 21st century education and research?
Papers that take up these and related issues should be submitted under the Digital Humanities, New Media Studies, and Future of Humanities Studies tracks.
Submission of Abstracts
Proposals (abstracts) can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment with ‘Submission of Abstract’ typed in the subject field.
Proposals should include title, author’s name/s, affiliation, contact email address and 150 word abstract of your paper. Approval/Acceptance of the proposal will be communicated in 10 working days.
Abstracts received till December 01, 2017 will be scheduled in the printed program. Late submissions will be adjusted on the site.
Each presenter will be given 10-12 minutes for presentation followed by 3-5 minutes for discussion. All the Conference Halls are equipped with PPT.
Genuine requests for scheduling the presentation on a convenient day are accepted, if communicated before December 01, 2017.
Papers in absentia are welcome. However, the authors are required to email 10-12 slides of the proposed paper.
Publication of Conference Papers
- Full articles received from registered participants by November 20, 2017, will be reviewed and published in the pre-conference issues of our refereed, international journals published at the Institute of Advanced Studies in English, Pune: Asian Journal of English Studies and Asian Quarterly: An International Journal of Contemoporary Issues (ISSN 2227-2606 and ISSN 2229-581X)
- Full articles received after November 20, 2017, will be reviewed and published in the post-conference issues of these journals.
- Participants may submit their papers till January 31, 2018. Authors submitting papers beyond this date will not be eligible for complimentary copy and these submissions may not be processed on priority basis.
- All participants are expected to register by December 01, 2017.
- Participants from outside India are advised to register at least three months in advance so that they get enough time for completing the formalities for getting Indian Visa. These participants are also requested to submit the following details along with registration: Name (Surname, Given Name and Father’s Name), date and place of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issue, expiry date and registered address. These details will be submitted to the Indian Ministry of External affairs in order to facilitate issuing of visa.
- Preferred mode of registration is to email, as an attachment, the completely filled in registration form (given here) and to use the money transfer facility. Please copy, fill-in and email this form to email@example.com or print and send by post along with Demand Draft at the following address:Institute of advanced Studies in EnglishSankalp Park, New D P RoadAundh, Pune 411007
- Our bank information is as follows:
Bank Account Name: Institute of Advanced Studies in English
Bank account Number: 20104462641
Swift Code: MAHBINBBOCP
Bank Name and Branch: Bank of Maharashtra, Aundh Branch, Pune 411007 (India)
IFSC Code: MAHB0000118
Branch Code: 0118
- Important: For easy identification of your payment, please send a scanned copy of the bank transfer receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rs. 5000/- for Indian and US $ 180 for International Participants
Rs. 3500/- Indian students and US $ 120 for International students
Special discount of Rs 500/- and $ 20 for Indian and International Participants is offered to returning members who have participated in at least one of the past ICLLC. Returning members need to communicate their earlier Registration ID (if forgotten, they can email their request for RID)
Dr Prabhash N Rath, Officer on Special Duty,Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, BMCC Road, Pune 411004.
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org