Genesis, the Entrepreneurship Cell of IIM Calcutta is organizing I2I (Ideas 2 Implementation), the biggest and most sought-after Business-Plan Competition in India.
Genesis is one of the most eagerly awaited festivals on the B-School calendar. Spread over three
days, Genesis has 13500+ participants from 1000+ startups coming from all over India and especially IIMs, IITs, NITs as well as local colleges which would help create stronger visibility
amongst the target crowd for your company.
The event brings together 200+ industry experts, startup founders, industrialists, VCs, angel investors, famous personalities from different domains, faculty, and students to foster the spirit of entrepreneurship.
I2I (Ideas to Implementation) is the biggest and most sought-after Business-Plan Competition in
India. It provides an ideal platform for budding entrepreneurs to realize their dreams.
The core philosophy behind this event has always been not to judge a ‘B-plan’ but to make a
robust plan ready to spread its wings. The participants take center stage and present their
It will help get a holistic view of forming a business and also provide critiques to improve their ideas and mold them for the better. It also provides an opportunity for the participants to interact with various professionals and get their invaluable guidance.
A selected few are invited to pitch their ideas to our elite panel of investors on the day of the event and compete for funding. In addition to all this, the finalist will get to interact with and learn from
various “industry gurus” in exclusive workshops.
- Any individual or team from across India can participate. There is also no restriction on the age/educational qualification of the team members.
- Prototype/Early revenue startups must register for this event.
What are the startups getting?
- Competing for an investor pool of more than 100 Crores Attendee passes for 2 workshops for 2 members of the participating startup
- Cash Prize of INR 2 Lacs
- A chance to present in front of all investors separately
- 1 on 1 Mentorship Sessions with Industry Experts in various domains
- Opportunity to recruit students from IIM Calcutta and other reputed institutions for live
projects and short-term internships
- Networking Sessions with other startups
The competition is divided into 3 eliminative rounds.
Online Idea Submission
Round 1 comprises submission of business ideas by the participants as a PPT not exceeding 3 slides (excluding cover and thank you slides).
The evaluation and shortlisting will be based on the clarity of the idea or product or service, scalability of the idea, long term, and short-term strategies adopted. Teams have to Submit a 3-slide presentation Deck including:
- About your team
- Problem & Solution; Product Details
- Business Model Canvas
Elevator Pitch Round
Selected teams will have to be ready with:
- A presentation (maximum 10 Slides including Title Slide) consisting of the following –
- Executive Summary
- Problem & Solution
- Market Sizing
- Competitive Landscape
- Business Model
- Growth Strategy
- Selected teams will have to submit a 2-minute elevator pitch. The teams will be evaluated on the presentation as well as the elevator pitch and will be shortlisted for the next round.
Each investor will select their top teams from round 2 and the startups will give a 10-minute
presentation to each interested investor separately in a closed room format. This will be followed
by a 5-minute Q/A session with the investors who shortlisted you.
Note: Startups founded by an IIT/IIM alumni will be refunded Rs. 1,000 of the registration amount
of Rs. 4,000 into their bank accounts.
- Nov 21 ’21 11:59 PM IST: Registration Deadline
- Nov 23 ’21 11:59 PM IST: Round 1 Deadline
- Nov 29 ’21 11:59 PM IST: Elevator Pitch Round
- Nov 29 ’21 11:59 PM IST: Round 2 PPT Submission Deadline
- Dec 5 ’21 02:00 PM IST: Final Round
How to Register?
To register, click on this link.
- Events Team, ECell, IIM Calcutta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone No: 7206233586, 9465765169
NoticeBard is proud to be the Media Partner for this event.