Humboldt Research Track Scholarship for Ph.D. [Germany, Rs. 62K/Month]: Apply by May 15
The Humboldt Research Track funding line is designed to support outstanding Master’s students from Humboldt-Universität who plan to pursue a Ph.D. Graduates from other universities may also be funded if they pursue a Ph.D. at Humboldt-Universität.
The program offers funding for the transition phase between the end of a Master’s program and the beginning of Ph.D. level research.
Who can apply?
Outstanding Master’s students as well as graduates who plan to pursue their Ph.D. at Humboldt-Universität or – if you graduated from Humboldt-Universität – at another university in Germany or abroad.
Excellent academic results or an excellent degree and an original, high-quality Ph.D. proposal are the relevant criteria for selection.
Funding of 800 EUR (Rs. 62,394) per month is awarded for up to six months. In exceptional cases, funding can be extended for up to an additional six months.
How to apply?
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal only. Click here to apply.
Applications must include the following documents:
- Completed online application form.
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages).
- Sketch of your research proposal (max. 2.250 characters).
- Certificates of your academic degrees, including certified translations and/or, if applicable, transcripts (of grades) for courses attended.
- Letter of recommendation from your Master thesis supervisor or from one of the instructors from your Master’s program.
- Expert review of your Ph.D. proposal by the mentor at Humboldt-Universität you wish to work with during the funding period.
- All application documents must be submitted in German or English.
The Humboldt Research Track Scholarships are awarded four times a year by the Selection Committee of the Institutional Strategy Funding Lines for Promoting Young Researchers. Application periods are
- 1 April to 15 May for funding starting 1 August.
- 1 June to 15 July for funding starting 1 October.
- 1 September to 15 October for funding starting 1 February.
- 1 December to 15 January for funding starting 1 April.
Scholarships can only be started once you have received your final degree results and must commence by the start of the next funding cycle.
Phone: +49 (0)30 2093-1795
For further details, click here.
About the Author