About the Fourth Human Rights Youth Challenge
On the occasion of World Water Day (22 March 2021), the Special Rapporteur on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation, Mr. Pedro Arrojo Agudo, is organizing a Fourth Human Rights Youth Challenge together with the Permanent Mission of Spain, the Permanent Mission of Germany, UN-Water, UNEP, UNESCO-IHP and the Special Rapporteur on environment and the human rights, Mr. David Boyd.
About UN Human Rights
The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (UN Human Rights) is the leading UN entity on human rights. We represent the world’s commitment to the promotion and protection of the full range of human rights and freedoms set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
Who can Apply?
Youth aged between 16 – 24 are invited to produce and submit a 2-3 minute video on the “impact of climate change on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation”.
Details of the Challenge
- Topic: Impact of climate change on the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation
- Deadline: 31 May 2021
How to Apply?
- Mark the video by including the hashtag #Youth4Watsan and tagging the Special Rapporteur’s social media account.
- Submit the link to the video by filling in this form.
- Share your submission via social media channels where the UN Special Rapporteur has accounts (@UNSRwatsan on Instagram, @SRwatsan on Facebook and Twitter)
- Mark the social media update by including the hashtag #Youth4watsan and tagging the Special Rapporteur’s account.
- Submit a link to your social media update to srwatsan[at]ohchr.org with the subject: “Submission for 3rd Human RIghts Challenge”.
The UN Special Rapporteur will invite the winner to join him and to speak at a side-event to Human Rights Council in September 2021. The winner will be announced in mid-June 2021.
For more information click on the link below