About the Fellowship
Applications are invited for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2021. The Humphrey Fellowship Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries.
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. During the year, Fellows pursue both their individual program goals and work closely with their Humphrey colleagues in workshops and seminars.
Shortly after arriving in the U.S., Humphrey Fellows will prepare individual program plans for their professional development, detailing their goals and objectives for the year, including courses, seminars, special projects, professional and community activities. The main program components are:
- Humphrey Seminar
- Academic Enrichment
- Professional Development
- The Washington Global Leadership Forum
- English Language Courses
- Applicant must be an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree;
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience;
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- A record of public service in the community;
- English language ability.
The Fellowship provides for:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
- Pre-academic English language training, if required;
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- A book allowance;
- A one-time computer subsidy;
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events);
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
October 1, 2020
For full details, click the link below.