About the Organization
Founded in 1987, Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices.
About the Competition
The Huawei HMS App Innovation Contest aims to inspire global developers to leverage HMS Core to create innovative apps, bringing smart life services to Huawei device users in 170+ countries and regions. The contest will be held in Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America, and China, respectively.
Huawei has set aside US$1 million from the Shining Star Program as prize money for the contest. US$200,000 will be allocated for the following award winners in each region:
- US$ 15000 – Best App x 5
- US$ 15000 – Best Game x 3
- US$ 15000 – Best Social Impact App x 3
- US$ 5000 – Most Popular App x 1
- US$ 2500 – Honorable Mention x 12
Winners are also eligible for a treasure trove of enticing incentives
- HUAWEI AppGallery promotional resources
- Huawei cloud resources
- Each region will hold a separate final in October. The judging panel will rank the 20 shortlisted works according to a comprehensive scoring formula, in which the judging panel and public rating scores are added.
- This contest is intended for global developers. You only need to register a HUAWEI ID and complete identity verification.
- You may not participate in the contest if you are under the age of 18.
- Employees of Huawei and its affiliates, and their immediate relatives, are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- You can participate in the contest on your own, or as part of a team. All members of the team must belong to the same competition region.
Rules for Contest
- Each contestant is only eligible to join only one team.
- Each team can have no more than 3 members.
- Each team should have a team leader, who is responsible for team management, such as inviting or deleting members, and submitting works.
- A member can apply to join a team or leave a team.
- The score for submission to the contest by a team belongs to the team. If a member leaves the team, the score obtained shall belong to the team, rather than the departing member.
- You will be disqualified in any of the following scenarios:
- You plagiarize the work of others.
- Third-party code plug-ins used in your works are not authorized, and/or are the source of a legal dispute.
- Your works violate HUAWEI Developer Service Agreement, Agreement on Use of Huawei APIs, AppGallery Review Guidelines, and/or any relevant terms in other agreements.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the contest through this link.
August 30, 2020
Email: Asia Pacific (email@example.com)
The website link is given below: