The International Women’s Media Foundation is inviting applications for its Howard G. Buffet Fund for Women Journalists Grant Amount Upto ₹1.6 CR for the year 2021.
The International Women’s Media Foundation, located in Washington, D.C., is an organization working internationally to elevate the status of women in the media. The IWMF has created programs to help women in the media develop practical solutions to the obstacles they face in their careers and lives.
About the Funding
The IWMF’s Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists supports the production of ambitious projects and underreported, globally important stories.
For the next eight years, the IWMF will make an annual total of $230,000 worth of grants to support women journalists in their projects and endeavors. The fund is not limited in either the grant dollar amount or the number of grants awarded within the annual total.
The fund was designed to help women journalists from around the world by providing grantees support to
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue critical skills training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so.
- Women journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must identify as women. (The IWMF believes that gender does not conform to one notion. We are inclusive of all journalists who identify as women, which includes trans women, and non-binary people.)
- Practising journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
- Special consideration will be given to freelance journalists.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the funding through this link.
Applicants must be prepared to provide the following information (in English):
- Contact Information and Resume/CV
- Brief description of the project or opportunity you are seeking funding for
- If applicable, a list of any other team members or applicants
- Description of the purpose of the proposal and the issue/problem it is designed to address
- Estimated budget and time frame
- Contact information of two professional references
Program Manager: Jin Dang