Technology has already become an internal part of our life many processes, and events are taking place online this has changed the way we are looking for information, how we communicate with each other, even how we behave. This transformation applies to many areas, including education.
But Artificial Intelligence has bought a wonderful transformation in the education sector, benefiting students, teachers, and institutions.
Due to this transformation in the education sector, the competition in the e-learning market has become tougher. Educational platforms need to offer the easiest and the most engaging ways of delivering knowledge, one of those is machine learning.
Machine learning in the education sector is a form of personalized learning that allows students and teachers to enhance the learning process.
Here are just a few of the ways to follow the educational experience of the future.
- Increasing efficiency. Machine learning in the form of artificial intelligence makes the work of teachers and students easier and this has the potential to bifurcate the work and make educators more efficient in completing tasks such as classroom management, scheduling, etc.
- Learning analytics. Machine learning in the form of learning analytics can help teachers gain insight and gist into data. This method not only helps teachers with their task management but also helps students to get suggestions regarding learning materials and other methodologies.
- Predicative analytics. Predictive analytics can make resolutions about things that may happen in the future. For instance, with the class tests, quarterly exams, it could be understood which students can perform better in the future.
- Global Learning: Artificial Intelligence has no limits, it helps us to cross all boundaries in the education sector by allowing learning from anywhere across the globe: Is Global learning. With the help of AI, students or young professionals can equip with IT skills. With more inventions, there will be a wider range of courses available online, which helps students to learn anytime and anywhere.
- Personalized learning. Machine learning in the form of personalized learning helps in taking care of customizable and individual requirements. Thi method of learning helps students to learn at their own pace and, in some cases, making their own decisions about what to learn.
- Assessment. Machine learning in the form of artificial intelligence can be used to grade student assignments that have higher validity and reliability.
Advantages of AI for Students
- Education at any time.
- Virtual mentors.
- Better Engagement.
- Less Pressure.
Advantages of AI for Teachers and Institution
- Opportunity to see weaknesses.
- Better engagement.
- Curriculum automatic creating.
- Opportunity to find a good teacher
With opportunity comes challenges: Let’s see some of the challenges faced by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Education
Implementing AIML in the education sector has an outstanding result! But there are not only benefits but also risks of machine learning and artificial intelligence application in e-learning, they are:
- Prediction accuracy: As the name itself says, by implementing AIML in education algorithms analyze the interest of the students and make predictions about their future use. However, to make predictions we need to collect and describe almost every moment of a student’s life which is practically impossible in today’s world. Hence, leading to wrong predictions.
- Adaptive learning development costs: Adaptive learning offers customized resources and learning activities. But, this approach is quite costly and time-consuming as it requires constant updating and monitoring, of curriculum, course.
- Data cleansing: Data cleansing is a process of figuring out which data is incorrect and which is correct. The methodologies are still not perfect and today. This is a challenging task and it’s worth mentioning the problem of data cleansing.
No matter how useful this technology for both students, we should remember that artificial intelligence and machine learning still has a lot of limitations and we should use them with caution to protect our privacy and to keep education transparent
Future of Artificial Intelligence in the Education sector
- Automation: AI technology helps teachers to automate specific tasks like timetable scheduling, grading, or digital asset categorization. As a result, can spend less time on low-level task.
- Integration: Personalized learning algorithms for students can result from AI solutions integrating with other initiatives like neural networks and smart technology.
- Delineation: Curriculum will constantly change, which makes teachers deliver proper content with high relevance. With the help of AI is driven education, it can assist in identifying important trends to help teachers to be more efficient in the classroom.
- Identification: Adaptive learning helps students and teachers to track performance by using data analytics.
Though it takes a while for all the schools and colleges to get used to Machine Learning methods. It is quite obvious that AI will make big and positive changes in education helping students to enjoy the learning process and have a better understanding with their teachers. But, there is no denying that Artificial intelligence and machine learning will revolutionize the education field and the entire nation. And, to learn Artificial intelligence and machine learning online, there is no better platform than Great Learning!
Note: This is a sponsored post.