Applications are invited from eligible and meritorious candidates for the Horowitz Foundation Awards 2020 for Social Policy Research.
The Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy was established in 1997 by Irving Louis Horowitz and Mary E. Curtis as a not-for-profit 501 organization. Its general purpose is to support the advancement of research and understanding in the major fields of the social sciences. Its specific purpose is to provide small grants to aspiring Ph.D. students at the dissertation level to support the research they are undertaking for their project.
Aim & Mission
- To support emerging scholars through small grants;
- To promote scholarship with a social policy application; and
- To encourage projects that address contemporary issues in the social sciences.
Grants are based solely on merit. Each is worth a total of $7,500; $5,000 is awarded initially and $2,500 upon completion of the project. Grants are non-renewable and recipients have five years from the announcement of the award to complete their project and claim their final payment.
- Applicants must be current Ph.D. (or Dr. PH) candidates who are working on their dissertation.
- Applicants must not have a Ph.D.; those who do, are ineligible.
- Applicants must have defended their dissertation proposal or had their topic approved by their department.
- Applicants can be from any country and any university in the world. US citizenship or residency is not required.
Applications are evaluated based on the Trustees’ assessment of criteria such as feasibility, applicability, originality, methodology, theoretically informed or empirically rich research, and letters of recommendation. No specific weight is given to anyone area. Proposals are evaluated based on the overall merit of all aspects of the application.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is December 1, 2020.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Woodrow Wilson International Center Fellowship Program 2021 [Annual Stipend Upto Rs. 67L]: Apply by Oct 1.
Acumen Fellowship 2021 for Emerging Leaders & Entrepreneurs: Apply by Aug 8.
Ted Fellows Program 2020: Apply by Aug 24