Dhaka OIC Youth Capital is inviting submissions for The Holy Quran Recitation Competition.
Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 will organize yearlong activities consisting of 9 different events. Among those one is the Holy Quran Recitation International Competition. Festival titled “The Holy Quran Recitation Competition” for young peoples, who are interested in Quran recitation & practicing Islam. The Holy Qur’an Recitation Competition aims to promote literacy in the Qur’an and encourage its recitation, memorization and try to apply its spirit in life. The Competition is committed to connect young generation those who recite the Holy Qur’an across the world.
- A citizen from the OIC Member States or representative of a Muslim community in the non-OIC Member States
- The participant must be male and age limit should be 18-35 years old
- Ability to communicate in English/ Arabic/ Bangla
- Well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity
- Interested in the Holy Qur’an and religion
The Holy Quran Recitation Competition would be organized at two Level:
- Regional Level: This Competition will be defined in 6 different regions like- (a) Asia, (b) Africa, (c) Middle East, (d) America (e) Europe and Oceania (f) Bangladesh.
- Regional Competition: All regions will arrange the Holy Qur’an Recitation Competition. Every country from its respective region can participate in the regional Competition. Each country can choose one participant to take part in the regional competition. Participants will submit their Qur’an Recitation video on web platforms. Top 3 participants from each region will be selected and invited to participate in the International Level.
- Bangladesh Part Competition: As a host country Bangladesh will be a region. Top 3 participants from Bangladesh will be selected by the Jury panel, and they will qualify to the International Competition.
- International Level: Total 18 participants will take part in the International level competition. Every participant will have to submit their new recitation video on an integrated digital platform for final round.
- Finally, Top 03 from the 18 participants will be selected by the jury panel.
- The participant must be conversant with the holy Qur’an with Tajweed and acquainted with the rules and essence of recitation.
- Participants can only participate in the competition on the basis of nomination from the concerned authority:
- Ministry of Religious Affairs for OIC Member Country
- Islamic Center for the non-OIC Member States.
- The participant must wear his respective national dress.
- The participant must send a video record / voice record of the recitation the Prescribed Verses (7 to 10 minutes).
- Prescribed Verses:
- Sura Younus: Verses 11-16.
- Sura Ibrahim: Verses 28-38.
- Sura Ambia: Verses 92-100
- The video record/ voice record must be clear and without any accomplices by any software.
- Application form must be duly filled, if any information given wrong or illegible the application will be rejected.
- The video record / voice record of the recitation must reach the organizing authority in time.
- Recitation must be of the specified type (Qirat).
- Document to submit: Recent passport size color photography, copy of National ID or Birth Registration Certificate, Certificate of educational qualification / Certificate of Qirat.
- Prescribed application form duly filled , with necessary documents are to be submitted to the website https://dhaka.oicyouthcapital.com/holy-quran-recitation-competition/ by date 23.03.2021. No applications will be accepted after the Timeline.
How to Apply?
- A video of the participant’s performance (Qirat) should be recorded.
- It is necessary to choose a location with proper background, privacy, and without ambient sounds.
- In the case of filming with a mobile phone, the image frame should be set horizontally.
- The participants should introduce themselves at the beginning of the video. (Name, Nationality, Chosen Field, the number of recitation piece)
- The format of the taken video should be one of the formats of WMV/ MPEG or MP4 and with a proper resolution.
- The submitted video must be at least 489×640 mega pixels in dimensions and cannot exceed 50 MB in size. However, if the file size is more than 50 MB, the link can be shared by uploading it to cloud storage (Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.).
- The ultimate number of uploaded files is one.
- Videos that do not meet the required standards for audio or video quality will not be judged and will be omitted from the competition.
- Submission of an archived video is not acceptable.
- Participants should submit their matter in the registration system by uploading here.
For more information, click on the link below: