Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin International Summer Student Programme 2022.
About the Programme
Each summer Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin offers undergraduate students the eight-week summer student programme. Students from all over the world get the chance to work on their own research projects in close cooperation with scientists.
The programme offers students the opportunity to participate in the everyday work of our research teams at their laboratories or experimental areas located at the HZB-campuses in Berlin-Wannsee or Berlin-Adlershof.
The programme is accomplished by site visits at the synchrotron radiation source BESSY II, laboratories for solar energy research and an accelerator producing proton beams for eye tumour therapy.
The summer student programme in 2022 will take place from July 4 to August 29. Changes, even cancellation of the programm due to the global pandemic situation can be required.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a student (not PhD candidate) in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or related disciplines. You should have completed at least two years of full-time study in your major discipline at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at HZB.
- You have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- You need to hand in a letter of reference by the end of the application period.
HZB will provide you with:
- An internship contract of 8 weeks to work on a project.
- A subsistence allowance for the whole contract duration of 1800€ gross for external participants and 1000€ gross for students of the universities located in Berlin and Potsdam.
- Travel expenses will be subsidized up to an amount of 500€ to help you with the costs of travel between Berlin and your residence.
- Duration of stay: July 4 to August 29, 2022
- Working time 40 hours/week
- Poster presentation by the end of stay
How to Apply?
Applications only via our online form.
Feb 7, 2022