Applications in the prescribed format given at the Commission’s website at http://www.pscwbonline.gov.in. are invited from Indian citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the under mentioned posts.
|Name of Post||No of Vacancy||Pay Scale|
|Head Mistress In West Bengal Education Service (Women’s Branch)||01||₹ 15, 600/- – ₹ 42, 000/- (P.B. – 4A) plus Grade Pay of ₹ 5, 400/- and additional Grade Pay of ₹ 200/- over and above the Grade Pay for appointment in the Govt. School with H.S. course|
|English Master, Victoria Boys’ School, Kurseong in West Bengal General Service||01||₹ 15, 600/- – ₹ 42, 000/- (P.B. 4A) plus Grade Pay ₹ 5, 400/-|
|Mathematics Master, Victoria Boys’ School, Kurseon in West Bengal General Service||01||₹ 15, 600/- – ₹ 42, 000/- (P.B. 4A) plus Grade Pay ₹ 5, 400/-|
|Art Mistress, Dow Hill Girls’ School, Kurseong in West Bengal General Service||01||₹ 15, 600/- – ₹ 42, 000/- (P.B. 4A) plus Grade Pay ₹ 5, 400/-|
Age Limit (as on 01.01.2017):
- Head Mistress – Not more than 45 years
- For all other posts – Not more than 36 years
Head Mistress qualification:
- Second class Master degree of a recognized university or equivalent;
- First class Bachelor degree in teaching/education of a recognized university or equivalent;
- 10 years’ teaching experience in recognized secondary schools;
- capacity for developing corporate life and maintaining discipline in secondary schools;
- familiarity with the latest developments in secondary education &
- good power of expression in Bengali – spoken and written.
- Post-graduate degree in Education &
- administrative experience.
Qualification for English and Mathematics Master:
- Second class Master’s Degree or Honours Degree in English for the post at sl. no. (B) and Mathematics for the post at sl. no. (C) of an Indian University or equivalent;
- Degree in teaching or Education or equivalent (a candidate not possessing this qualification may apply but if selected shall have to acquire such qualifications within three years of joining the post and will draw on an ad-hoc basis the initial of the time-scale of pay till he/she qualifies himself/herself in this regard);
- Teaching experience in English medium in secondary schools, preferably residential ones, relaxable for otherwise well-qualified candidates &
- Ability to teach in English medium
- Ability to organize extracurricular activities such as performance of dramas, organization of literary meetings, educational excursions etc.;
- Knowledge of Bengali – spoken and written &
- Knowledge of Nepali – spoken and written.
Qualification for art Mistress:
- Degree or Diploma (5 year course) from a recognized school of Art or equivalent;
- Experience as a practicing artist;
- 3 years’ teaching experience in a recognized Educational Institute, preferably in a School & (iv) Ability to teach in English medium.
- Good power of expression in Bengali and Nepali – spoken and written &
- Proficiency in crafts.
Registration Fee: 210 + Service Charge 1% of Examination Fee subject to a minimum of Rs.5/- for online payment through debit/credit card plus 12.36% of service charge as Govt. Duty or Service Charge of Rs.5/- (Rupees Five) only for Net Banking or Service Charge of Rs.20/- (Rupees Twenty) only for payment through Bank Counter (off-line payment).
- Closing date for receipt online application: The 27th June , 2017.
- Last date of fees payment (For all categories of post): The 27th June , 2017.