HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Support 2019 invites applications from students who are unable to bear the cost of education and are at a risk of dropping out due to a personal or family crisis. The key objective of the scholarship is to provide assistance to these students, to tide over a difficult situation without adverse impact on their education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a candidate must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a student under anyone of the following categories
- Student in classes 6 to 12 in private, government or government aided schools
- Pursuing undergraduate, post-graduate, or Ph.D. courses (full-time or part-time) in colleges or universities recognized under AICTE/UGC/State/Central government rules
- Pursuing Diploma/ITI/Polytechnic courses after completing 10th or 12th Standard
- Must be facing a personal or family crisis that has occurred during the past three years, due to which they are unable to continue bearing the cost of education and are at risk of dropping out of school/college/university
Each individual scholar will receive the following benefits:
- For school students: INR 10,000, or annual school fee (whichever is lower)
- For college/university students: INR 25,000, or annual fee (whichever is lower)
- For Diploma/ITI/Polytechnic courses after 10th or 12th Standard: INR 25,000, or annual fee (whichever is lower)
PLEASE NOTE: The scholarship will be disbursed in the form of a Demand Draft (DD) made in favour of the school/college/university. In no case shall funds be disbursed in cash or directly to the student.
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
The last date to apply is July 15, 2019.
Contact the nearest HDFC Bank Branch in case you’re unable to fill the form or you need any assistance. Alternatively, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 022 3075 1030/022 3075 1006.