HDFC Bank Educational Crisis Scholarship Scheme 2018 [Std 6 to PG]: Apply by Aug 15
About the Scheme
HDFC Bank believes that the benefits of economic growth need to flow to all sections of society. Although not a panacea, education would be one of the main interventions that would lead to the overall economic and social development of the society.
With the aim of empowering individuals who are economically and socially disadvantaged, the bank has initiated various projects in the field of education and livelihood training. ‘Educational Crisis Scholarship Support’ (ECSS) programme is envisaged to provide interim support for children facing a personal/economic exigency.
Economic hardship or a crisis in the family sometimes has a direct impact on the education of children, often resulting in the child dropping out of school/college/university. ECSS has been conceptualized to provide assistance to these students, to tide over a difficult situation/Personal/Family Crisis without adverse impact on their education.
ECSS aims to cover students from recognized Private or Government aided schools between standards 6 and 12 and students studying in undergraduate and post-graduate courses (full-time/part-time degree/diploma/ courses) who due to personal/family crises are unable to continue bearing the cost of education and are at risk of dropping out of school/college/university.
This situation would be defined as bereavement/death/ terminal illness/permanent disability and loss of job of the breadwinner due to accident or any such extreme circumstances that have put a strain on the family resources.
The Scholarship will cover the total annual School Fee upto a maximum of Rs.10,000/- and College/University Fee upto a maximum of Rs.25,000/- of the selected candidates.
A crisis situation is defined as a:
- Sudden occurrence of an incident that has created a situation where the student/family requires support
- Sudden job loss
- Sudden death/separation of parents
- Accident/death of siblings
- Sudden onset of a critical or life threatening illness
*The incident leading to a crisis should be within the preceding two years
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
The following documents need to be attached to the Application form:
- Annexure I (A) – Income proof from the employer duly signed and stamped by the concerned authority along with the salary slip (if any)
- Annexure I (B) –Self declaration of family income (for self-employed)
- Annexure II – Verification form duly signed and stamped by School Principal/ College Dean/Director printed on the institute letterhead. The annexure should also have the name of the bank account of the institute, in favour of which, the DD/cheque will be issued.
- Other Documents – Attested copies of last year’s mark sheet, two copies of address proof, doctor’s note (in case of illness), 10th/ 12th marksheet and salary slip (if any).
Contact the nearest HDFC Bank Branch in case you’re unable to fill the form or you need any assistance. Alternatively, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 022 3075 1030/022 3075 1006.
For official website, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)