Want to tackle a real Google engineering problem with a team made up of your friends, peers, or new connections? Register for the Hash Code 2022 Qualification Round today.
About Hash Code 2022
Google’s team-based programming competition, Hash Code, allows you to share your skills and connect with other coders as you work together to solve a problem modeled off a real Google engineering challenge!
In small teams of two to four, coders all over the world will tackle the first problem through Qualification Round. Though this round is hosted online, teams can come together virtually to compete side-by-side in locally coordinated Hash Code Hubs.
How it works?
- This is their online platform where you’ll form your team, join a Hub, practice, and compete during the rounds.
- During the Qualification Round, you’ll watch our YouTube livestream to be introduced to the problem, and your team will have four hours to solve an optimization problem using the programming language and tools of your choice.
- Teams can also compete alongside other teams in your area by joining a virtual Hub. The top teams from the Qualification Round will be invited to the virtual World Finals, where they’ll work together to solve another challenge and compete for cash prizes.
|Team Rank||Prize Money Per Participant|
|1st Place||$4,000 USD|
|2nd Place||$2,000 USD|
|3rd Place||$1,000 USD|
Goodies: Google may occasionally, and at its sole discretion, give away Google-branded objects, Google-related products, or other goodies (“Goodies”) to World Finals participants as part of their participation in the Hash Code Contest.
Certificates: Members of Teams that submit a solution scoring at least one (1) point during either the Qualification Round or World Finals are eligible to receive a downloadable and printable certificate, which will be accessible from their Contest Profile approximately a month after each Round’s completion.
How to Register?
Registration will open in early 2022 and you can register at g.co/hashcode. You must complete the following 3 steps in order to compete in Hash Code 2022:
- create a Coding Competitions profile and/or update your existing profile,
- register for Hash Code 2022 specifically, and
- Schedule page of their website, where a shaded box at the top of the page will confirm your registration status. You can verify step 3 in the ”My Team” section that you are part of a valid 2 to 4 person team.