Nominations are invited for the Haryana Vigyan Ratna and Yuva Vigyan Ratna Award 2021.
About Haryana Vigyan Ratna Award
For eminent scientists above the age of 40 years as on 31st December 2021. The award will carry a cash prize of Rs 4 lakhs, a citation and a trophy.
About Haryana Yuva Vigyan Ratna Award
For eminent scientists upto 40 years of age as on 31st December 2021. The award will carry a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a citation and a trophy.
These awards have been instituted to honour eminent scientists of Haryana who have made outstanding contribution in the field of science & technology. For Yuva award, the contributions over the last ten years will be considered and for the Vigyan Ratna Award, outstanding contributions of entire career will be considered.
- This scheme is open for scientists who have spent 10 years (Ten years) in Haryana either in education or in work in any institution or establishment in Haryana.
- Only such persons are eligible who have made outstanding contributions in the field of S&T, which are cut above and have been well acknowledged, in their respective fields of work.
- circumstances. Nominations must be made in the specified format.
Persons eligible to nominate:
The persons eligible to nominate will be Heads of National Science Academies, Presidents of professional science, medical & engineering societies, Vice Chancellors of Universities, Directors of Research Laboratories, President of Indian Medial Association, Heads of Departments in the Centre and State Govts., Directors of IIT’s, Directors/Principals of professional science, medical & engineering colleges, Chairpersons / Heads of registered societies of S&T based voluntary organizations and previous national awardees of S&T related awards or previous Haryana Vigyan Ratna Awardees.
General Terms & Conditions
- HSCST will have the sole right to select the awardees and formulate rules governing such selection.
- Canvassing in any form will be an automatic disqualification.
- No correspondence will be entertained regarding the selection of awardees or the selection procedure.
- A Selection Committee consisting of eminent persons will recommend names for awards.
- The decision shall be final and binding.
- The committee may, if it deems fit, decide to withdraw the awards at any time without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Scientists, whose nominations were not found suitable for the awards by the Selection Committee during the previous years will not be considered for evaluation until and unless there is substantive addition in their research work / scientific contribution.
- Awardees shall be intimated by post or email or through selected newspaper announcements.
- All materials/scripts/documents etc. submitted for consideration of the nomination are non-returnable.
How to Submit?
- Nomination forms duly completed in all respects may be sent to Secretary, EC, Haryana State Council for Science, Innovation & Technology, Bays Nos. 35-38, Sector-2, Panchkula by August 31, 2021.
- Nomination forms, incomplete in any respect, unaccompanied by the requisite information or without the desired number of copies or received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
- Instructions for submitting the nomination and the abstract sheet:
- It is requested that nomination may be sent where nominator is fully aware about the work and achievements of the nominee.
- It is further requested that one abstract sheet should be submitted in original. Overall, 20 sets (One original and remaining photocopies) of the nomination form and the abstract sheet may be attached.
- Full details and abstract may be furnished in the nomination form and abstract sheet respectively, within the specified word limit.
- Please type or compose the nomination (all pages) on A4 size paper using black colour ink (for ease in scanning and photocopying)
- Please complete the “ABSTRACT SHEET” very carefully (It is suggested that this may be done after preparing the detailed basis for nomination).
- Proof in support of every claim both in the nomination proforma and the abstract sheet be attached.
- In order to assist comparison of different nominees, achievements (basis of nomination) may please be given under the following heads both in the nomination form and abstract sheet, if possible:
- Highest technical/professional/academic qualification:
- Only one set of published translated works/teaching & popularization aids developed/activity kits, charts, manuals, etc. may be submitted;
- Major achievements beyond official capacity;
- Impact of work/reach.
August 31, 2021