In order to encourage meritorious students towards science education and to support them for continuation of their science education up to higher level, Haryana State Council for Science & Technology provides scholarship to the meritorious students of 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses and 2-year M.Sc. course students opting for basic & natural science subjects viz (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics, (4) Biology, (5) Statistics, (6) Geology (7) Astrophysics, (8) Astronomy, (9) Electronics, (10) Botany, (11) Zoology, (12) Bio-chemistry, (13) Anthropology, (14) Microbiology, (15) Geophysics, (16) Geochemistry, (17) Atmospheric Sciences & (18) Oceanic Sciences.
The scholarships are limited only to the students who have taken admission during the year 2019 in any of the following courses:
- 3-year B.Sc./ 4-year BS or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. program in Basic & Natural Sciences at IIT, IISc, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS or in any college/university in India.
- 2-year M.Sc. program in Basic & Natural Sciences.
- Under basic & natural science 18 subjects mentioned above will be considered.
- The Scheme in its current format does not include courses in engineering, medicine, technology and other professional or technical courses.
- For 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. in basic & natural science subjects, the students should have passed class X and XII Board examination from a school situated in Haryana with minimum 85% marks for Haryana Board School and 90% marks for other boards like CBSE/ICSE etc. in 12th class.
- For 2-year M.Sc. in basic & natural science subjects, the student should have passed X, XII and B.Sc./B.A. (B.A. for M.Sc. Mathematics) from school/college/university situated in Haryana with minimum 75% marks in B.Sc./B.A. class.
Number of Scholarships
- 3-year B.Sc./4-year BS/5-year Integrated M.Sc./M.S. courses: 150
- 2-year M.Sc. course: 50
Amount of Scholarships
- Rs. 4,000/- P.M. for 3-year B.Sc. course.
- Rs. 6,000/- P.M. for 2-year M.Sc. course.
- If the students take admission in 4-year B.S. or 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.S. then the amount of scholarship during 1st, 2nd & 3rd year will be Rs. 4,000/- P.M. and during 4th & 5th year Rs. 6,000/- P.M.
The selected students will get mentorship grant (one time) of Rs. 12,000/- in 3-year B.Sc. program, Rs. 17,000/- in 4-year B.S. program, Rs. 22,000/- in 5-year integrated M.Sc. program and Rs. 10,000/- in 2-year M.Sc. program.
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
The deadline to apply is Sep 24, 2019.
All correspondence in respect of POSE scholarship may be made in the name of Secretary, Executive Committee, Haryana State Council for Science & Technology, Bays No. 35-38, Sector 2, Panchkula. Phone No. 0172-2563439, 2560309, 2560339, Fax No. 0172-2560018, E-mail: email@example.com