The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program was inaugurated in 2017 as a joint effort between the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, HBS Professors Tarun Khanna and Karim Lakhani, and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances. Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
The ultimate aim of the Crossroads Program is to create a diverse pipeline of future graduate students at leading universities, such as Harvard, and future leaders from across an array of social-economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
To be eligible, candidates:
- Must be between 18-24 years old.
- Must hold a passport or national document from a country in Central Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the United States
- Must be the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate university program or a recent graduate from a university within the last three years.
- Must be facing challenging financial circumstances.
- Must be fluent in English.
To apply for the Crossroads Program, you will need to first create an XID account, then complete an online application through CARAT. To begin the application process, please follow the visual instructions by clicking here.
Once your XID has been created, you can apply to the program through CARAT by clicking here.
Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2019
For any queries, visit the FAQs or e-mail: email@example.com