Harvard University, USA invites applications from meritorious and bright candidates for its Academy Scholars Program 2021.
The Academy Scholars Program identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their careers whose work combines disciplinary excellence in the social sciences or law with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada. Their scholarship may elucidate domestic, comparative, or transnational issues, past or present.
The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, curiosity, and originality, whose work in cultures or regions outside of the US or Canada shows promise as a foundation for exceptional careers in major universities or international institutions.
Academy Scholars are appointed for a two-year, in-residence, postdoctoral fellowship at The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. They receive substantial financial and research assistance to undertake sustained projects of research and/ or acquire accessory training in their chosen fields and areas. The Senior Scholars, a distinguished group of senior Harvard University faculty members, act as mentors to the Academy Scholars to help them achieve their intellectual potential.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000 (Rs. 52,68,585.00/- Approx.). If selected before earning the Ph.D., the Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $31,000 (Rs. 23,34,253.50/- Approx.) until awarded the Ph.D.
- This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
- Open only to recent Ph.D. (or comparable professional school degree) recipients and doctoral candidates in the social sciences or law.
- Those still pursuing a Ph.D. should have completed their routine training and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying to become Academy Scholars.
- If you have completed a Ph.D. program, the Ph.D. completion date must be within three years of the October 1 application deadline. For applicants applying for the October 1, 2020 deadline, you must have completed your Ph.D. or equivalent after September 30, 2017.
- Applications are welcome from qualified persons without regard to nationality, gender, or race.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the program need to submit the following documents while applying:
- A cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including a list of publications;
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work;
- A copy of your Ph.D. program transcript;
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application).
To apply online, click here. The last date to apply is October 1, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Hodder Fellowship 2020 for Artists & Writers at Princeton University, USA [Fellowship Upto Rs. 63L]: Apply by Sept 15.