Applications are invited for the Harvard LEAD Fellowship for Promoting Women in Global Health 2021.
About the Fellowship
In an effort to equip and empower more women leaders in global health, the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Women and Health Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health offers a transformational fellowship specifically designed to promote leadership skills in individuals from low- and middle-income countries who will, in turn, mentor future female leaders in global health.
Harvard Global Health Institute LEAD Fellows have access to world-class faculty, are provided with senior mentors and the opportunity to build a custom curriculum aligned to their own unique personal growth and leadership plan.
Based on their specific interests and leadership goals, LEAD fellows engage in tailored leadership training program, speaking and networking opportunities, and independent project work. The fellowship offers the unique opportunity to build a global network of peers and relationships across schools and departments of Harvard University. The fellowship experience provides global health leaders time to reflect, recalibrate, and explore uncharted territories.
They welcome applicants from all continents, regions, disciplines, sectors, gender and gender identities. Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites.
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience. Global-health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Applicants must have the full support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during the fall full curriculum semester.
- During the two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
How to Apply?
- Interested applicants can apply for the fellowship through this link.
- Applicants will be notified in July 2021 if they have received the LEAD fellowship opportunity.
April 22, 2021
For questions about the LEAD Fellowship contact Olivia Mulvey, Senior Coordinator, Harvard Global Health Institute, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, click the link below.