About the Award
The Har-Gobind Khorana ‘Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award’ (IYBA), instituted by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India is an attractive Research Award to identify and nurture outstanding young scientists with innovative ideas and desirous of pursuing research in frontier areas of Biotechnology.
- The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
- The applicant must have a PhD in any branch of Life Sciences, Computational Sciences (applied to Biotechnology, Medicine or Biological Sciences), Veterinary Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Agricultural Sciences. Master degree holders in Medicine or Dentistry (MD/MS/MDS or IMC designated equivalent) and Engineering/Technology (M.Tech or AICTE designated equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
- Age limit: Not more than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of application i.e., 25th June, 2020. Fresh PhD’s are strongly encouraged to apply if they meet the mandatory requirements. Age relaxation of 5 years is made for Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Women and Physically Handicapped Category.
Nature of Award
- The award shall cover both non-recurring and recurring financial grants for executing the innovative research plan proposed by the awardee.
- This includes equipment/softwares, consumables, contingencies and travel grant as required for the research project.
- In addition a fellowship of Rs. 75,000/- per month will be admissible for awardees that do not have regular employment or are not drawing any other fellowship.
- Awardees having regular (permanent) employment will receive a cash award of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Only) every year for a period of three years in addition to a Research Grant.
The duration of the project will be for a period of three years subject to satisfactory progress.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply through this link.
- Start Date of submission: 10th May, 2020
- End Date of Submission of application: 25th June, 2020
For further details, click here.