Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program at Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA: Apply by January 8, 2020
HHMI seeks to increase diversity in the biomedical research community. We know that the biggest challenges in science call for diverse perspectives and original thinking. The goal of the Hanna H. Gray Fellows Program is to recruit and retain individuals from gender, racial, ethnic, and other groups underrepresented in the life sciences, including those individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Following the “people, not projects” philosophy of HHMI, the competition is open to those dedicated to basic research from both doctoral and/or medical training paths in the biomedical and life science disciplines, including plant biology, evolutionary biology, biophysics, chemical biology, biomedical engineering, and computational biology.
Fellows will receive funding through their academic institution for postdoctoral training and may continue to receive funding during their early career years as independent faculty.
- The program application is open to individuals who: are from gender, racial, ethnic, and other groups underrepresented in the life sciences, including those individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Applicants must have a degree in the biomedical and life science disciplines and hold a Ph.D. and/or MD (or equivalent), which must be conferred by the start of the grant term.
- Non-U.S. citizens and applicants with other nationalities must have a degree from a research institution in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico)
- Non- U.S. Citizens who have been accepted to join a laboratory as a postdoctoral researcher at a research institution located in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) at the time of the application due date.
- Ph.D. applicants can have no more than 16 months of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the application due date.
Fellows will receive $250,000 in research funding and a $20,000 expense allowance per year, paid through a non-renewable grant to the institution where they have attained a faculty position. This phase of the award has a maximum length of four years.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Phone Number: 301-215-8500
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.