The Half and One Prize is a writing competition that is seeks to promote the best in Indian and international writing.
Sponsored by Ka Ktien Media, the Half and One Prize is one of the biggest competitions in India in terms of prize money.
The Winner of the Half and One Prize receives US $1500 (INR 1 LAKH), and there are 5 Consolation Prizes for US $150 (INR 10,000) each. Shortlisted entries will be published in an Anthology.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Submissions are accepted from all over the world.
- Only 1 submission per entry is allowed.
- Copyright of the submitted piece remains with the Author.
- Writers can submit a short story*, a poem, a short short-story**, a narrative non-fiction piece, a written song***.
- The Half and One Prize will be awarded to the best submission.
- The deadline for entries is December 10, 2018.
- *A short story is defined as a piece of fiction between 2000 and 5000 words.
- **A short short-story is defined as a piece of fiction between 1000 and 2000 words.
- ***A written song is defined as an original composition of lyrics.
- The entry fee is US $12 for International Submissions.
- The entry fee is INR 700 for Submissions from India.
How to submit
Click here to make the payment.
For official website, click here.