Hackathon: Code for Safer India 2019 for Bangalore School Students by Indian Road Safety Campaign [Phase I: Oct 12-31]: Registration Open
About the Organisers
Indian Road Safety Campaign has come up with one of its initiatives “Hackathon- Code for Safer India” in collaboration with Toyota. “TOYOTA” is a standout amongst the most energizing names in the car business today. It has been one of the pioneers of the commercial venture in creating new and imaginative innovations.
About the Hackathon
This state-level hackathon aims at developing implementable solutions in the form of a digital solution to promote road safety and to reduce the frequency and effect of road accident. It is a three-phased hackathon and we want to utilize the intellect and ideation capabilities of the students of premier schools of Bangalore. We would like to see the participation of your school which is excelling in providing children with the best education. The students would get a platform to showcase their ideas and innovations and would benefit in their overall development.
- It is a three-phased Hackathon for students of Classes 9th- 12th to utilize the intellect and ideation capabilities of the students.
- PHASE 1: The first phase comprises of an online “aptitude test” with questions from General Science and Programming. The tentative date for the same would be the first week of November.
- PHASE 2: In this phase, the qualifiers of the first phase would be submitting online “Idea of a Technical Project.” The tentative date for the same would be the third week of November.
- PHASE 3: In this phase, the qualifiers of the second phase would be called for “onsite development of the idea into a Technical Project” under the mentorship of students from leading Technological Institutions. The tentative date for the same would be the fourth week of November.
The event would not only see the presence of senior professionals of leading companies but also the founders of startups, giving them a chance to interact and learn from their strategies. The tentative Guests for the event would be the Transport Commissioner and Police Commissioner of the state. The winners would be felicitated by the Guests. The students would get the opportunity to attend a “coding master class”.
The finalists of phase 2 would get a chance to work with mentors from premier technological institutions. The top 3 finalists of “Hackathon- Code for Safer India’” would receive incubation support of Rs. 1,00,000 from Toyota upon successful viability check of the product developed and would get technical mentorship from IRSC for the same.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the hackathon through this link.
- Winner: Rs. 25,000/-
- First Runner-up: Rs. 15,000/-
- Second Runner-up: Rs. 10,000/-
Organiser: Jasmine, Joby
About the Author