Taking cognizance of the need to promote self-sufficient technology solutions thereby strengthening the country’s economy, MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Pune and TERRE Policy Centre-an international NGO have forged the partnership and launched the ‘Hackathon 59 for Atma-Nirbhar Bharat 2020 (HAB-59)’.
It aims to reach out to young Indian tech-geeks who have a thirst and resolve to innovate, and who have keen desire to unleash their potential with the fervor. It is directed to leverage India’s young talent for national good and service, at the time when it is required the most.
Partners for HAB-59
- Hosts: MIT ADT University, Pune in association with TERRE Policy Center
- Incubation partner – Atal Incubation Center (AIC) at MIT ADT University, Pune
- Innovation Partners – TechMahindra Makers lab and other prominent industries
- (In process) Ecosystem Partner- MHRD Innovation Council (MIC)
Objectives of HAB-59
- To provide platform to young Indian talented groups in application development for IT-based solutions in multiple categories of 59 Chinese apps banned by the Government of India (GoI)
- To identify potential to secure applications that not only compete but work much better than those banned by GoI
- Connect the young talents with Ministries, Industries, and financial institutions for Entrepreneurial opportunities
The teams of young developers will develop and submit applications in the broad categories of Social Applications, Business Application and Office Productivity, Health, e- Learning, Entertainment and Games-based on thrust areas for innovation.
These apps are expected to be more secure and user appealing as compared to those banned by GoI.
- Hackathon Duration 10 Days: 9th Aug 2020 to 18th Aug 2020.
- Last Date for Report Submission 18th Aug 2020.
- Participation Rounds:
Round 1: Short Listing
Round 2: Presentation and Demonstration of the Solution
- The final round of HAB-59 will be hosted online on 19th, 20th Aug 2020 and 21st Aug 2020.
Prizes and Take-away
- Attractive Cash Prizes
- Opportunity to set Start-up with AIC-MIT ADT University, Pune
- Connect winners with industries for commercialization
In addition to cash prizes, the hackathon promises opportunities to set Start-up with AIC-MIT ADT University, Pune, to work as interns, project leaders and social entrepreneurs with TERRE Policy Centre and to connect winners with industries and financial institutes for commercialization with speed.
MIT ADT: firstname.lastname@example.org
TERRE Policy Centre : email@example.com
To know full details and register for this hackathon, click the link below.
NoticeBard is proud to be the media partner for this event.