About the Hackathon
FICCI FLO Pune, Ministry of Electronics and IT, MeitY, MeitY Startup Hub (MSH) (Govt of India), Garage48, Accelerate Estonia, Robotex International (India Initiative), Science and Technology Park, Pune (Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India initiative), APJ Abdul Kalam Centre have gotten together to take a lead in India on the movement, that has gotten global in less than a couple of days.
Starting from Sunday 22nd of March, at 23:59, we will host an online hackathon so that India can emerge from the crisis stronger than ever. Now is the prime time to design, test and launch innovative ideas that will either help to tackle the crisis or position India in a softer spot in the aftermath!
The intent of this hackathon is to develop ideas that:
- are prototypeable in 48-hours which could help solve the crisis;
- give India an edge in the post-crisis words.
The minimum number of participants in the team is 5. The maximum number of team members is 10. While we let you sign up your idea as an individual participant, if your idea gets’s chosen, you have to put together a team before being able to compete at the hackathon.
Each team should ideally consist of:
- idea owner who will take the role of the team lead (coordinating, project management)
- 2 developers
- 2 designers (UX/UI)
- An engineer, if an idea execution requires it (optional)
- Top 3 teams will get the monetary prize to support the development of the idea after the hackathon
- Top teams will enter the Global Hackathon, which will take place in April and receive follow-up support from Ministry of Electronics and IT, MeitY, MeitY Startup Hub (MSH) (Govt of India), Science and Technology Park, Pune (Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India initiative), Garage48 on how to go on with their idea.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register and submit their ideas for the hackathon through this link.
- Submission 22-26 of March
- Top Ideas selection 25-26 of March
- Hackathon begins 27 of March, 5:30PM IST
- Prototyping, Mentoring, Checkpoints 27-29 of March
- Winners of the Hackathon announced 29th of March
- Global Hack the Crisis Finals – April (date to be announced)