Habitat Photosphere is the first Indian photo-festival that brings together the spheres of photography and sustainability through a fellowship, mentorship, exhibitions, workshops, talks and more. As step one, we are calling for applications for Habitat Photosphere Fellowship for Photography 2017.
- Submission deadline: 30th November 2017
- Theme: Sustainable Development
- 4 award grants: Rs 2 lacs each
- Jury and mentors: Parthiv Shah, Bandeep Singh, Prabir Purkayashta, Aditya Arya
- Winners get exhibition space at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
Eligibility and criteria:
- Open to individual, emerging photographers who are Indian nationals or OCI
- Applicants must be between 25-50 years of age
- The submitted project should not be sent to any other fellowship/scholarship/ publication for consideration while it is in our review process
- The Habitat Photoshphere Fellowship for Photography is a grant aimed at supporting emerging photographers already working on a project, on the subject of sustainability. It is not a portfolio competition.
- The award will go to a photographer who demonstrates his/her ability to work on a long-term project by conceiving and writing a concise, focused and meaningful story proposal, with a time frame of approximately one year from start to finish. The accompanying images should justify the written proposal.
- A four-member jury committee of experts in photography will select the winners of the Fellowship.
There is no application fee for this fellowship. An application shall comprise of the following:
- Project Summary – It must clearly specify the intent of the project, the project title, relevant background information and expected course of the project. This summary will play a decisive role in the overall evaluation by the jury. It should be typed on an A4 sheet, and not exceed one page. Please note: The project should be focused on one subject only.
- Image submissions – 12 images should be enclosed with the application. Only color and B&W photographic prints are acceptable. The specification for the print size is 10 x 12 inches. Each print must have the name of the photographer and the project title on the reverse. Should the applicant be using transparency film, then digital prints of the same should be enclosed.
Please note: Entries with less/more than the required 12 images will be eliminated. Entries on CDs or any other media will not be accepted.
- Caption and/ or Title List – Captions/ titles should be typed on a separate A4 sheet listing information for each image enclosed in the application.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae –The CV should be typed on an A4 sheet and not exceed one page. It should include the applicant’s date of birth and contact details.
Submission of Proposal:
Applications should be forwarded either by registered mail or courier. Please write ‘no commercial value’ on the package to avoid extra costs and delays.
Submissions will not be returned without a self-addressed and self-stamped envelope. Applicants can also opt to collect their submissions from the Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, India.
All submissions must be sent to:
Mr Saurabh Rai,
C/O Dr. Alka Pande,
Visual Arts Gallery,
India Habitat Centre,
New Delhi – 110003.
+(91) 11-43662024 – 25