H.H Dalai Lama-Sasakawa Scholarship for Students in Self-Settled Leprosy Colonies: Apply by May 31
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation (SILF) is pleased to invite applications for financial support from students residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing higher professional studies.
The scholarship will be given for only for:
- Professional Masters courses
- Professional Bachelors courses
- Professional Diploma courses
The scholarship will be available only for courses offered by Government recognised institutions. No capitation fee will be paid for admission. SILF will support up to 25 students this academic year.
SILF will pay for the tuition fees, admission fee, mess fee and boarding/ hostel expenses to the institutes directly.
SILF will also pay a stipend per month to each candidate to meet his or her requirements.
- At least one parent must have had leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony.
- Admissions to professional courses from Government recognized institutions are eligible for scholarships. Students admitted to non-professional courses are not eligible.
- Applications for professional courses will only be accepted on completion of Senior Secondary (10 + 2).
- Only first year applicants beginning their studies/courses in in the academic year 2019-20 are eligible.
- Only one individual from a family can avail of the scholarship in any one year.
- Applicants from Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi states will be given the benefits of the scholarship.
- Applicants availing scholarships from other organizations/individuals will not be considered.
- Applicant must not be less than 17 years at the time of application.
- Applicant must completed previous course in year 2017, 2018 or 2019.
How to apply
The application form is given here.
Application form should be completed and along with required attested documents should reach SILF office latest by 31st May 2019.
In case the student has already gained admission, proof of admission in a government recognised institute is mandatory. Candidates can also submit an admission call letter issued by the institute to which s/he has secured admission.
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation, 2nd Floor, IETE Building,
2, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Tel No +91-11-24603439,24603440
For the official notification, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)