Applications are open for the GWEC/GWNET Women in Wind Global Leadership Program 2021.
About the Program
In order to advance the role of women as agents of change in society and promote best practices within the wind industry, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) partnered with the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET) to launch the Women in Wind Global Leadership Program in 2019.
The program is designed to accelerate the careers of women in the wind industry, support their pathway to leadership positions and foster a global network of mentorship, knowledge-sharing and empowerment.
Benefits of Program
- A mentorship program with monthly virtual meetings
- A specially designed learning and development program, with knowledge transfer webinars and skill-building elements for leadership, communication, presentation and industry visibility
- A week-long study tour in Europe, including an industry conference, visits and meetings at key institutions, facilities and company headquarters relevant to the wind sector, as well as high-level seminars and workshops (pending feasibility in 2021)
- Network-building opportunities at major international energy events
- A ceremony for program completion held at a high-level industry summit
Who can Apply?
- Diversity in background and geography are driving principles of the program. In 2021, its third year of operation, the program will welcome 12-15 participants across all disciplines of the sector.
- Making the case for diversity in developing countries and emerging markets is a core principle of the program. Applicants must be citizens or residents of the following emerging markets for wind power: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- 4+ years of professional experience in the wind energy industry;
- A track record of leadership and achievement in professional career or otherwise; and
- Professional working proficiency in English (written and spoken).
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
Feb 14, 2021
For more details, click the link below.