Applications are invited for Guest Teachers & Assistant Professors at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi for the year 2021. The last date of application is 4 October.
Applications on the prescribed application form are invited for the engagement of Guest Teacher / Asstt. Professor (contractual) in the following Departments for the Academic Session2021-22. The Application forms may be submitted ln the concerned
Department of Jamia Millia Islamia latest by 04/10/2021.
- Department of Civil Engg.: One Guest Teacher
- Department of Mathematics: Two Assistant Professors (Contractual)& Two Guest Teachers (including one for Computer)
A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
A Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phi1./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time, as the case may be. Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/ Byelaws/ Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be eligible for requirement and appointment of Asstt. Professor or equivalent positions in the Universities subject to the futlillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph’D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The Ph. D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/ institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
The candidates may download a detailed advertisement along with the qualifications and application form from the University’s website and send it with complete in all respect to the concerned Department / Centre on or before 4 October.
- Asstt. Professor (contractual) on consolidated salary of Rs.67,000/- per month.
- Guest Teacher under the Regular Courses @ Rs. 1500/- per period, subject to maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month.
Click here to view the official notification of Guest Teachers & Assistant Professors at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
You may also be interested in: