Applications are invited for the appointment of 2 posts of Guest Faculty (1 for Hotel Management and 1 for Tourism Management) to teach BTTM, BHMCT, MTTM and MHMCT classes for the academic session 2020-21 (subjects to be taught as per requirement).
Panjab University is a collegiate central university located in Chandigarh, India. Originated in 1882 as the University of the Punjab Lahore, it was relocated in Chandigarh in the year 1947 as the East Punjab University after the partition of India, where the university was split between India and Pakistan.
Qualification for Guest Faculty (Tourism)
Eligibility (A or B):
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Tourism/Travel Management from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University with two years of professional experience after acquiring Master’s degree. Preference will be given for candidates with Ph.D. in relevant discipline.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) in the relevant discipline conducted by the UGC or a similar test accredited by the UGC or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time, as the case may be, exempted from NET
- The PhD degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University(Shanghai).
Qualification for Guest Faculty (Hotel Management)
- Full-time Bachelor degree with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Physically and Visually Handicapped) (3/4 years degree or 3 years Diploma after 10+2) in Hospitality & Hotel Administration/Hotel Management from a recognized University or equivalent with Master’s degree in Hospitality and Hotel Administration /Hotel Management with first class or equivalent, and
- A minimum of (3) three years of experience of the industry and/or teaching (industry experience of 4 Star and above category hotels. Teaching experience (after post-graduation) in an Institute affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology/State board of technical education/recognized University).
The above assignment will be on lecture basis with a token honorarium of Rs. 1000/- per lecture with an upper limit of Rs. 25,000/- per month. The candidate shall have to give an undertaking that he/she will not draw any fellowship/ stipend or any financial assistance from any agency till they are in the department as a guest faculty. The candidates who are already availing JRF scholarships in the University are not entitled for the honorarium but they will be issued experience certificate for the guest faculty.
How to Apply?
- Applicants should use the application form available for the post of Assistant Professor at this link.
- One hard copy of duly filled form along with copy(ies) of requisite documents/proofs should be submitted to the office of the Director, University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, Panjab University latest by 22nd February, 2021upto 4.00 p.m.
- All shortlisted candidates called for the interview shall be intimated by email / phone. No separate interview letter shall be sent.
- All the applicants are advised to bring their original certificates and other relevant documents for verification at the time of interview.
Feb 22, 2021
Phone: 0172-2541969, 2534498
For more details, click the link below.