Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of GSD Finance Trainee at BCG, New Delhi.
Boston Consulting Group is an American management consulting firm founded in 1963, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The firm is the second largest consulting firm by revenue.
About the Job
The Global Services Delhi Graduate Program (GSDGP) is tailored to meet BCG’s growing business demands. We offer a wide range of business apprenticeships in a variety of disciplines and the GSDGP has been designed for candidates who are passionate about learning the workings of global cross-functional teams and delivering skills needed for BCG’s global services support functions.
This program offers incoming graduates the opportunity to work alongside a diverse global team thereby providing unparalleled learning and exposure early in their career.
A GSDGP Associate is aligned to specific Business Units where they will develop the knowledge and hands on skills to support and become a skilled business professional working in roles such as: Finance, Marketing, IT, Human Resources, Business Services, Procurement. The Program is under the supervision of the Business Services Lead for the Global Services Asia Pacific region.
The Global Services Finance Team is an integral part of the worldwide Finance organization, providing insights supported by meaningful and accurate financial information to help guide and influence the decision-making process. The team partners with the leadership of our Global Functions/Practice Areas senior management, local, regional, and global finance colleagues across the organization.
The role is part of the GS Finance team based in New Delhi supporting the functional finance team:
- Providing analytical support across a wide range of areas including planning, reporting and financial operations
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of key materials presented to senior management and other key stakeholders
- Support team with data extraction from different financial systems, data and report reconciliation, preparation of the month end reports, first line variance analysis and other ad-hoc reporting in support of senior management decision making
- Gain a detailed understanding of BCG’s finance systems (Oracle GL, SAP Business Objects, HFM, AP), key metrics and parameters impacting the firmwide reporting
- Support data requests, analysis and maintenance for models and systems used in support of GS & WWI areas
- Partnering & managing key functional projects
- Share best practices within the team and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Use fresh perspective to develop new and/or streamline processes
- Strong accuracy and rigorous attention to detail
- Demonstrate both strong analytic and big picture capabilities in problem solving approaches
- Service-oriented, reliable, timely, flexible and ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple priorities and deliverables
- Demonstrate high accountability and ownership
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to embrace an iterative process
- Ability to frame issues at conceptual level and resolve complex issues/problems
- Comfort with working on large data sets
- Takes pride and accountability in outcome of work
- Work to tight schedules but flex accordingly as business requirements change your priorities
- Be able to manage conflicting priorities, prioritize transparently, and communicate openly to ensure constructive and positive outcomes
- Build strong networks within and across finance
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with strong interest in accounting concepts and reporting and analysis
- Internship experience in similar role preferred
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Basic – Intermediate Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: