Greenpeace India campaigns to protect India’s forests, for clean air and water, to promote renewable energy especially solar power, to prevent the dangerous impacts of climate change and nuclear power, for safe food and ecological farming and to protect freedom of speech.
The Climate and Energy (C & E) Campaign Manager is responsible for the design of climate and energy campaign strategies, policy positions, lobbying, negotiations, and managing relationships with corporations and government officials on legislative and corporate campaigns in India.
This position is responsible for a rolling planning process and the overall C & E campaign budget. In addition, the role requires effective representation and working with the C & E campaign departments of Greenpeace International and other Greenpeace office
- Conceptual Tasks: Strategy development and Project management
Qualification and requirements
- At least +7 years work experience of which at least 5 working on climate and energy campaign issues
- A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role and proven people skills
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to apply campaigning tools
- A comprehensive understanding of the roles that science, politics, economics, industry, media, public opinion and social change play in campaigning.
- Experience in managing volunteers.
- Crisis management experience.
- Experience in activism.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Negotiation skills.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Track record of collaboration and working with networks and coalitions
- Proven commitment to environmental and peace issues and non-violent campaigning strategies.
- Capable of working with heterogeneous group of individuals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and at least one Indian language essential
Location: Bengaluru (or Delhi)
Compensation: 13 lakhs per annum (non-negotiable)
Last date of application: June 6
Note: Kindly send in a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this job, along with your most recent CV.
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 June 2017
Subject line must specify “Application for Campaign Manager (Climate and Energy)”
1800 425 0374
To see the original notification, please visit this link.