Applications are now invited from meritorious candidates for the Green Talents Competition 2020. Green Talents invites you as a pioneering scientist to apply with your trailblazing approach! Showcase your research to the broader public, exchange with outstanding experts, and lay the foundation for long-lasting collaborations with German research institutions.
The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honors young researchers each year. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognized for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable. Selected by a jury of German experts, the award winners are granted unique access to the country’s research elite.
- The prestigious Green Talents program invites you to a two-week Science Forum in Germany, where you will be introduced to renowned research facilities and have individual meetings with experts.
- The Green Talents will be on their two-week Science Forum tour in October 2020.
- They will visit some of the hot spots of sustainability science in the north-east of Germany.
- This offers the unique opportunity to get exclusive access to the country’s research landscape, learn about ground-breaking projects on-site and possibilities for cooperation with German experts and facilities.
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or Ph.D. program or a degree (master’s/Ph.D.) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
- When selected as a “Green Talent”, you will be invited to a two-week Science Forum in Germany (which takes place in October).
- This means that the BMBF will cover your travel expenses (to/from Germany and during the trip) as well as your meals and accommodation during the Science Forum.
- Costs for health insurance and visa fees cannot be covered and must be paid by the participants.
- We will cover the round trip to Germany and back to your country of residence and also provide a monthly allowance when you return for your research stay the year after the Science Forum.
- This allowance is intended to support you during your stay and will be sufficient for accommodation, insurance, food, and your daily needs. However, it is not intended to support your research.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 19, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.