Applications are open for the British Council GREAT Scholarships 2019 for Indian Students for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
About the Scholarships:
GREAT along with partner UK universities will offer up to 35 full tuition scholarships over a broad range of subjects. It is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to make the most of their UK education.
GREAT Scholarships are for prospective undergraduate and postgraduate, full-time students who will enrol in September/October 2019.
Living and other related expenses will be borne by the candidate or their sponsor.
- All GREAT scholars should have studied in India at the school and college level.
- Scholarships will be open only to Indian passport holders’ resident in India at the time of application.
- To be considered for the scholarship, participating UK higher education institution will have to nominate candidates in a prescribed format before 31 May 2019. The nominated students will submit an application for consideration for the scholarship. .
- The British Council selection panel will select the scholarship awardees on set parameters.
- Scholarship will be awarded to those selected students who demonstrate leadership qualities and potential. They will be future brand ambassadors of the UK institutions and ‘Study in the UK’ campaign.
How to apply
Step I: Check if you qualify
- Do you have an offer from one of the participating institutions?
- Is your offer for a subject covered by the GREAT Scholarships 2019 programme?
If you do not satisfy both criteria, you do not qualify. If you satisfy both criteria, please continue.
Step II: Request a nomination
- Contact your UK university’s international office or scholarships team to confirm with your UK university if you qualify for the GREAT Scholarships 2019 programme.
- If yes, reach out to the university to get nominated before 15 May 2019.
Step III: Submit an application
- Your university will direct you to submit an application form for the GREAT Scholarships 2019 programme.
- Complete and submit the application form by 31 May 2019.