In collaboration with the UK’s GREAT Britain campaign, the British Council has launched Great Scholarships – 2020 over a broad range of subjects. This is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to access a UK university education.
The GREAT Britain Campaign is the UK government’s initiative to promote the UK internationally as a GREAT place to visit, study and do business. The British Council is a partner in the campaign to raise awareness and promote UK’s strengths in education, English language and the arts.
The GREAT Scholarships scheme will be jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign, the British Council and participating UK higher education institutions, targeting prospective students from India, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Turkey, who will enrol into UK higher education institutions in the autumn of 2020.
- Applicants must be Indian passport holders and resident in India at the time of application.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university
- Meet the English language requirement of the UK Higher Education Institution
- Have an offer from one of the participating UK universities
- The course applied is starting in September 2020
- Significantly increase the number of opportunities for students from China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Turkey for UK university courses in 2020
- Enhance the reputation of and promote high-quality provisions of the UK’s higher education sector to targeted audience in the targeted countries
- Reinforce the message that the UK continues to welcome the brightest and best international students
List of Universities accepting Great Scholarship 2020
Candidates can check scholarship and other details of universities via this page.