About the Challenge
The Grand Challenge for Cyber Security is designed to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship by building key cybersecurity capabilities in the country. Participants will compete in teams at 3 stages: Idea, Minimal Viable Product (MVP) and Final Product Building.
In the first stage, teams will propose implementable ideas to solve identified Cyber Security Problem statement(s). During the course of the event, participating teams would be provided with award money and mentorship. Top 3 teams would be awarded a total prize money of INR 2 Cr.
Budding entrepreneurs are invited to submit their ideas in a chance to fast track their growth, be mentored by the best and win remarkable prizes. Industry experts are invited to contribute to the national cybersecurity building initiative and explore an opportunity to mentor the best talent in the country.
- Upto a period of ten years from the date of incorporation/ registration, if it is incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (registered under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Turnover of the entity for any of the financial years since incorporation/ registration has not exceeded one hundred crore rupees.
- Entity is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.-Provided that an entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing business shall not be considered a ‘Startup’. Innovative Security Products being developed should not have violated/ breached/ copied any product already launched and/or copyrighted or patented.
- For the product to be developed as part of Grand Challenge, if any IPR/Patent is being used, contesting entity must possess the legitimate rights to use the IPR/Patents.
- The product to be developed for Grand Challenge should be designed and developed in India.
- Any group of individuals, which is not registered as startup and wants to participate in Grand Challenge may participate with the condition that the group must register the entity by 15th April 2020 and submit the copy of registration to organizing committee failing which submitted proposal will not be considered further.
|Grand Challenge Launch||15 January, 2020|
|Last Date for Registration of Team||15 April, 2020 23:59:59 hrs|
|Last Date for Submission of Idea Nomination form with Startup Details|
Only Incorporated/ registered startups can apply
|15 April , 2020 23:59:59 hrs|
|Result for Idea Stage||30 April, 2020|
|Last date for Submission of Minimum Viable Product||15 July, 2020 23:59:59 hrs|
|Result for Minimum Viable Product Stage||30 July, 2020|
|Last Date of Submission of Final Product||30 October, 2020 23:59:59 hrs|
|Awards Ceremony||To be Announced|
- Winner: Rs 1 Crore
- 1st Runner up: Rs 60 Lakh
- 2nd Runner-up: Rs 40 Lakh