The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is India’s premier institution for advanced research in fundamental the pieces. The Institute runs a graduate program leading to the award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. as well as an M.Sc. degree in certain subjects. With its distinguished faculty, world-class facilities and stimulating research environment, it is an ideal place for aspiring scientists to initiate their careers.
TIFR invites applications for the following Graduate Programme into the following Subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) and Science Education for Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programs. It is conducted at the Mumbai campus and various National Centres of TIFR.
- School of Mathematics
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science
- Department of High Energy Physics
- Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics
- Department of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- School of Technology & Computer Science
- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
- For Maths: M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech.for Ph.D. and B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. for I-Ph.D.
- For Physics: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- For Chemistry: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Pharm. or equivalent degree.
- For Biology: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) or any professional Master’s Degree (M.Pharma./M.Tech.), or a > 4-year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS).
- For Computer Science: B.Tech./B.E./M.Tech./M.E./M.C.A./M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches.
How to Apply?
- The application fee is as follows: Male Candidates: Rs 900/-, Female Candidates: Rs 300/-
- The application fee can only be paid online through Internet banking/Debit/Credit Card/UPI or other modes as available on our payment gateway.
- To apply online, click here.
- Before you choose the Ph.D. or Integrated Ph.D. program in the basic registration form, please go through the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Nationwide Entrance Examination: Sunday, December 8, 2019
- Last date for application: November 23, 2019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org