Applications are open for Graduate School Admission at TIFR Hyderabad in Physics and Chemistry. Apply for Ph.D. and Integrated MSc-PhD Programs by April 20.
Applications are invited for admissions to TIFR Deemed University, TCIS, TIFR-Hyderabad for Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. degree programmes under the Subject Boards of Physics and Chemistry.
The doctoral programme offers exciting research opportunities in a range of subject areas, and rigorous training aimed at fostering the broad academic growth of students and to meet the specialized needs of their research.
The students will receive a degree through the subject boards of the graduate school of TIFR. Current research activities at TIFR-H are in the areas of Soft Condensed Matter Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Materials, Chemical Sciences, Optics, and Biological Sciences.
Subject Board of Physics
- Ph.D.: M.Sc. (Physics)/B.Tech. & B.E. (Engineering Physics)/B.E./ B.Tech/ M.Tech. or equivalent science/engineering/ medical degree that requires four or more years of university training.
- Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D.: B.Sc/B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm or equivalent science/ engineering / medical degree / M.Sc. (other than physics) / M.Tech/ M.Pharm/ MBBS or equivalent science/ engineering/ medical Masters degree.
- In addition, the candidate must have qualified in any of the following examinations in Physical Sciences/ Engineering:
- The written test of TIFR (2018 or 2019) / GATE (Minimum valid score of 480 in 2017, 2018 or 2019)/ JEST 2019 (Minimum rank of 100 or better) / CSIR UGC NET 2017 or 2018 (JRF eligible only).
Subject Board of Chemistry:
- Ph.D.: M.Sc. (Chemistry)/ M.Tech. (Chemical Sciences)/ M.Pharm or equivalent science/ engineering / medical degree.
- Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D.: B.Sc/B.E./B.Tech/B.Pharm or equivalent science/engineering/ medical degree.
- In addition, the candidate must have qualified in any of the following examinations in Chemical Sciences / Engineering:
- The written test of TIFR (2019) / GATE (Minimum valid score of 450 in 2017, 2018 or 2019)/ JAM 2019 (only for Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D., Minimum rank of 400 or better) / CSIR UGC NET 2017 or 2018 (JRF eligible only).
- Ph.D.: Students receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.25,000/-(enhanced to Rs.28,000/- after registration) and an annual contingency grant of Rs.32,000/-.
- Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D.: Students receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.16,000/-, Rs.25,000/- from the second year (enhanced to Rs.28,000/- after registration) and an annual contingency grant of Rs.20,000/- (enhanced to Rs.32,000/- from second year onwards).
- Accommodation: Accommodation is provided to Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. students at a nominal cost.
How to Apply?
- Online application: Click here to apply.
- Offline application: Click here to download the form. Mail it in an envelope superscribed “GS-2019 Interviews – (Subject and Program)” to the following address:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
36/P, Gopanpally Village,
Hyderabad – 500107, INDIA
P: +91 40 2020 3001.
The last date to submit the application is April 20, 2019, by 23:59:59.