Applications are now open for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021.
The Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B), is a national entrance examination to test the eligibility of bonafide Indian nationals for admissions to DBT supported Post Graduate Programmes in Biotechnology and allied areas at participating institutions and universities. DBT supported Post Graduate Programmes include M.Sc. Biotechnology and allied areas, M.Tech. Biotechnology and allied areas, M.Sc.
Agricultural Biotechnology and M.V.Sc. Animal Biotechnology
The Graduate Aptitude Test – Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021 is held on Saturday, 14 August 2021, from 9:00 AM – 12.00 PM (Three Hours/180 minutes duration) via Computer Based Mode at examination centers across India. Only bonafide Indian nationals are eligible to apply. The medium of examination is in English only.
- Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria of participating institutions and universities are eligible to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test – Biotechnology (GAT-B) 2021.
- Candidates may further verify the eligibility criteria on the website of the respective institutions and universities.
- Candidates who do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria of institutions and universities and still appear for GAT-B 2021
- the entrance examination will do so at their risk. If at any stage it is found that a candidate does not fulfill minimum eligibility requirements of participating institutions and universities, rules of cancellation terms of respective institutions and universities will be applicable.
- Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) and Department of Biotechnology (DBT) will not play any role and responsibility in the admission and selection process (transfer/cancellation/conversion of seats/fee refund policy) of institutions and universities.
- Any disputes arising will be subject to Delhi jurisdiction only.
- Candidates who have either appeared or due to appear in the final examination of their qualifying degree are eligible to apply for GAT-2021, under the result awaited (RA) category.
- Such candidates will submit an Undertaking/ Attestation Form, duly certified and stamped by the Head of Institution/ University (with
- address and name) from where the candidate is appearing for the qualifying degree.
Qualified candidates of GAT-B 2021, admitted to DBT supported Post Graduate programmes in Biotechnology and allied areas, at participating institutions and universities will be paid stipend as under:
- M.Sc. Biotechnology & Allied Areas – Rs. 5000/- per month
- M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology – Rs. 7500/- per month
- M.Tech. Biotechnology and allied areas and M.V.Sc. Programmes – Rs. 12000/- per month
The stipend will be disbursed through the participating institutions and universities after due verification of students pursuing prescribed DBT supported Post Graduate programmes in Biotechnology and allied areas. Continuation of stipend for the second year of the Programme is subject to satisfactory progress of the student, to be certified by the participating institution and university.
The question paper will have two parts:
- Part A/ Section A: Part A/ Section A will have 60 compulsory multiple choice questions of the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Each correct answer is of One (1) mark. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, Half (1/2 or 0.5) mark will be deducted.
- Part B/ Section B: Part B/ Section B will have multiple choice questions of Bachelor’s (Graduate) level. There will be questions from Basic Biology, Life Sciences, Biotechnology, and allied areas as per the syllabus. There will be 100 questions out of which candidates will have to attempt 60 questions. Each correct answer is of Three (3) marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, One (1) mark will be deducted.
How to Apply?
Online Registration and Submission of duly completed Application Form for GAT-B 2021 is scheduled from 07 July 2021 to 31 July 2021 (up to 5.00 PM). A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of Rs. 1200/- is payable online by General/OBC/EWS candidates and Rs. 600/- by SC/ ST/ Differently abled candidates.
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is July 31, 2021.