The Scheme of “Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship” for Girl Students in classes 9-12 belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as “Maulana Azad National Scholarship” Scheme. It was started by the Foundation in academic year 2003-04.
The main purpose of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious girl students belonging to national minorities, who cannot continue their education due to lack of financial support
Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course and payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
|Sr. No||Item||Amount in Rs.|
|1||Admission & tuition fee for classes IX and X||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.10000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 5000/- each|
|2||Admission & tuition fee for class XI and XII||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.12000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6000/- each|
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- Scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class.
- Annual income of student’s parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakh. Students have to submit the Income certificate of parents/guardian that should be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/UTs Administration.
- Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form”. In case if students submit more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”.
- Amount of scholarship will be credited directly into the Beneficiary bank account through DBT mode.
- No scholarship shall be given for studies abroad for any course.
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship can be made online at this link.
Shri Gulam Waris Khan (Scholarship – Incharge)
Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
Click here for more information.