Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses: Apply by Aug 31
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and
meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue
professional and technical courses.
Who Can Apply
Students belonging to notified minority communities viz. Muslim,
Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and
fulfilling the Scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Conditions for Scholarship
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate level or post graduate
level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Course
fee and Maintenance allowance will be credited/transferred directly into the
bank account of selected students.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional
courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking
any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However,
such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher
secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful
completion of the course during the preceding year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other
scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should
not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The Income Certificate would remain valid for One Year.
- The State Department will advertise the Scheme every year and receive the
applications online through the concerned institutions as per the timeline.
Page 3 of 5
- Aadhaar Number is also required for payment of scholarship.
- The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will be
responsible for processing and scrutinizing the applications submitted by
the students (as per the work flow opted) and send the proposal of
eligible students online to this Ministry for sanction of the
scholarships as per timelines.
- The online proposal for release of fund from the State Department must be
forwarded to and received in the Ministry as per the timeline fixed by this
Ministry every year.
- Fund for Administrative Expenses in subsequent year will be released after
receipt of the Utilization Certificate for the fund released in the previous year.
How To Apply
The official link to apply for the scholarship is given here.
Last date to apply: Aug 30
Ministry of Minority Affairs
11th Floor, Pandit Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Click here for the official notification and for more information about the scholarship, please click here.
About the Author