The Center for the Governance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) is seeking 2-5 exceptional researchers to join our interdisciplinary team for the Governance of AI Fellowship for a limited period of three months.
Participants in the Fellowship will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research in a fast-growing field while gaining expertise in parts of our Research Agenda.
About the Governance of AI Fellowship:
Artificial intelligence is poised to be a radically transformative technology. The Governance of AI Fellowship provides aspiring researchers with the opportunity to meet that need.
The Center for the Governance of AI (GovAI), housed in the Future of Humanity Institute at the University of Oxford, is a leading hub for AI governance research, with particular strengths analyzing the geostrategic and long term transformative impacts of AI.
The Fellowship is designed to give you an opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of the state-of-the-art research in AI governance.
- Engage with GovAI’s research programme and ongoing research, through discussions and collaboration with our researchers.
- Produce independent research under the supervision of leading experts in the field.
Who should apply?
- You should apply if you have an interest in the research and are committed to working to shape transformative AI in a positive direction.
- Candidates from a broad set of disciplines including International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Law, Philosophy, Mathematics, and Computer Science can apply.
- Technical expertise in or familiarity with machine learning is useful but not required. Candidates with policy-making experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Most successful applicants are expected to be postdocs or Ph.D. students. However, applications from professionals with relevant experience or particularly promising early-stage researchers (Masters and Bachelors) are also welcomed.
- Duration: June – August 2019 preferred. However, candidates are welcome to apply now and join one of our later cohorts.
- Length: 3 months preferred
- Location: Oxford, UK, preferred
- Pay: Successful candidates will be paid according to Oxford University salary scales, at an equivalent rate to full-time researchers.
How to Apply?
- Click here to apply.
- Last date of application: March 28.