Entries are invited for the Gopal Ratna Award 2021 by Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
About the Award
Indigenous bovine breeds of India are robust and possess the genetic potential to play crucial role in the national economy. In the absence of a specific programme on development and conservation of indigenous breeds, their population has been declining and their performance is below the potential at present.
To fulfill this goal, under the leadership of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, “Rashtriya Gokul Mission”, a new initiative under National Programme for Bovine Breeding and Dairy Development has been launched in December 2014. AI technicians have a crucial role in transforming the bovine population from the state of low productivity to optimal productivity.
Hence there is a need to identify the best AI technician striving hard towards 100% AI coverage so as to achieve the country’s flagship programme objective of doubling of farmers’ income.
Similarly, 1.86 lakh Dairy cooperative societies and Milk producer Companies at village level are growth drivers as it involves about 2 cr dairy farmer as members and act as a rural institution to provide the farmers market access for their produce and help in earning remunerative price.
The objective of the Gopal Ratna Award is to motivate farmers on productivity enhancement of indigenous breeds in a scientific manner, to take up 100% Artificial Insemination in the country by inseminators to take up 100% AI coverage under RGM scheme and also to Cooperatives/ and Milk producer Companies/FPOs to instil competitive spirit.
Three Categories considered for the award are:
i) Best Dairy farmer,
ii) Best Artificial Insemination Technician (AIT) and Best Dairy Cooperative/ Milk producer Company/ FPO.
- So far eligibility for these categories is concerned, for Ist Category the eligibility condition is that the farmer should maintain any recognized indigenous breeds (Cattlle 50, Buffalo 13);
- for 2nd Category the AI technicians of the SLDB/UTLDB / Milk Fed /NGO’s / Private must have undergone AI training for a minimum period of 90 days and
- for 3rd category: A Cooperative society/MPC/FPO set up at village level and is registered under Cooperative Act/ Companies Act collecting at least 100 LPD milk and have minimum 50 farmer as member.
- Award amount in each category will be Rs. 5,00,000/- for first rank, Rs 3,00,000/- for second rank and Rs 2,00,000/- third rank along with a certificate of merit and a memento.
- One applicant can fill up one application only in any one category.
- The announcement of winners is scheduled on 31st October 2021 and by Hon’ble FAHD Minister and presentation is scheduled for 26th November 2021 on National Milk Day by Hon’ble Prime Minister/ Hon’ble FAHD Minister.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the Gopal Ratna Award 2021 through this link.
Sep 15, 2021